Tuesday 15 December 2009

TEACHING ... A PROFESSION OR PASSION?

Teaching is a profession and definitely it needs passion and interest.I used to ask myself whether i've these in me. I'm still seeking for exact answer to this question even i've already devoted myself in teaching career for almost 17 years. Wow! what a long years... Sometimes I think time runs very fast leaving those moments behind me, before i'm able to hold and grip tightly every single experience as a language educator .



Throughout the days as a lecturer, my routine is do research and deep study on the topics to teach,plan lesson accordingly , updating myself with current issues from internet,newspaper or magazines and also prepare either inspirational quotes or light jokes to share with students.Very frequent also I have to listen to students' problems and be the problem solver of different kind of problems they possess from teen's problem to family problem. There are also times I devote to listen to them and share different types of stories just to let them feel belonging.

Till now...after years of teaching and educating, I am still loyal to my daily routine which I believe it is endless as long as I am called a language educator. I never know when I'm going to give a stop to all these....or may be these are called passion and interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...