Tuesday 31 August 2010

THE MEANING OF 'MERDEKA'




Yesterday 31st of August,2010, the whole Malaysians celebrated the 53rd Merdeka Celebration. Ya... Malaysia has been free from being ruled by others for 53 years!!! Such a long years.....



On early yesterday morning too, my 10 years old son cheerfully came to me and eagerly asking " Ummi, today is Merdeka right?" I replied " yes dear, why?" With sparkling smiles and shining eyes he yelled at me " Hooray Ummi, now we can shout Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!"






I was smiling looking at his action. After he finished shouting Merdeka for 3 times, I hold his shoulder and asked him " Ihsan, do you know the meaning of Merdeka?" Instantly he answered "Of course, I know. Merdeka means our ountry is free from Japan, from .........em....em...em. I don't know others but I know only today everybody can shout Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka."






He is just a little boy who wants to share the excitement of Merdeka without fully understand the meaning of Merdeka. At least I'm a bit relieve when he knows that Merdeka means free from other rulers. If not as a mother, I feel ultimate guilty for not imposing sufficient knowledge to my son.


As Malaysian, I'm truly proud for the 53rd celebration yesterday with full hope that our country will remain harmony and grow more developed and more prosperous with the spirit of 1 Malaysia.


'HAPPY MERDEKA TO ALL'




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...